"For Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread."

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Twilight… yes I saw the first one too

So, I have a girlfriend, which pretty much means I watched Twilight: New Moon this weekend. I won't get into "all that," except to say I think I may have ruined the movie for her. At least she knows that the movie is terrible, despite her fondness for it. I feel the same about Transformers. In all fairness, it wasn't as bad as the first. It's still bad. But I don't know whats worse, Twilight itself, or all of the new movies and shows that are riding its coattails? No matter, I'm too vindictive, judgmental, sarcastic, and critical. If you like the movie you should definitely see it. You should also read the books. It's not like Stephenie Meyer getting any more richer is going to matter. However, this is a poetry blog…so I wrote some off the cuff Haikus about the movie.



    Vampires. Werewolves.
They are enemies. Funny
    Face-making stand-off.


    Why so serious
Edward? On dramatic scene
    After another.


    How many pairs of
Shorts can one werewolf destroy
    In two point five hours?


    We know they can't act.
Weird diarrhea faces
    And lots of staring.


    The gasps, grunts, and sighs,
The in-between. If you like
    Twilight, good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment