"For Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread."

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thesis revisited

O' Thesis
again you appear before me
like a wall
or tower
or even a bully

A wall or tower, yes,
but spare me the corny cliches.
I need change!
So, thesis, will you hold me
upsidedown and shake the lunch money
from my pen ridden pockets?

Will you knock the books
out of my hands I use to create You?

You were more intimidating,
80 pages of relentless
monosyllabic unintelligent
word vomit,
all leading to a well-known conclusion.

Now I tower over you,
mere 24 pages,
more eloquent and
new, and idea-filled.
I shall come upon you and shake you

of any loose change.
I shall control you
hand you over to the authorities.

They will repay me with one single sheet of paper,
shorter and nicer than you,
O' Thesis,
and I will display this document proudly
never forgetting the torment
You put me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment